A Visual Guide to Acupuncture
Why Choose Acupuncture
- Acupuncture is one of the most holistic medical systems available today.
- Acupuncture regards the body as a whole one, focus on restore and maintains the balance of whole body.
- Acupuncture treats the root of disease.
- Acupuncture has unique diagnostic and treatment techniques.
- Acupuncture has no side effects.
- Acupuncture’s emphasis is on prevention.
- Acupuncture has a long history of successful treatment for physical, mental, emotional disorders.
- Acupuncture offers self-empowerment.
How does acupuncture work?
The effects of acupuncture are complex. How it works is not entirely clear. Research suggests that the needling process, and other techniques used in acupuncture, may produce a variety of effects in the body and the brain.
One theory is that stimulated nerve fibers transmit signals to the spinal cord and brain, activating the body’ s central nervous system. The spinal cord and brain then release hormones responsible for making us feel less pain while improving overall health. In fact, a study using images of the brain confirmed that acupuncture increases our pain threshold, which may explain why it produces long-term pain relief.
Acupuncture may also increase blood circulation and body temperature, affect white blood cell activity (responsible for our immune function), reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and regulate blood sugar levels.